Full Terms & Conditions
- Every effort is made to keep to appointment times, but no responsibility is taken for traffic hold ups, Vehicle breakdown, sickness, bad weather condition or road accidents. We reserve the right to change lesson times should special needs arise. If a lesson is cancelled by us, another mutually agreed time will be made as soon as possible.
- Lessons cancelled by a student, must give a minimum of 48hours notice. Texting is insufficient you must make proper contact. Failure to do this will mean you may be charged for the whole of that lesson.
- It is your responsibility to have a valid provisional driving license & bring it to your first lesson.You must also provide a View & Share access code from the DVLA on their website so we can check your licecnce prior to any lessons begining for insurance & legal purposes at least 48hours prior to your first lesson. Failure to produce your license means your lesson may not take place but you may still be subject to a fee.
- Lesson fee’s must be paid at the beginning of or prior to your lesson. Cheques are made payable to your instructor NOT the school.
- Abacus Driving School does not pay for tests by the DVSA this is your responsibility. We do Provide a bookings service at a cost of £10 per booking in which case the Test fee must be paid in advance, and cheques cleared.
- You must not have taken alcohol or drugs that could affect your driving for at least 12 hours before your session or the full lesson fee may be payable.
- Please do not attend a lesson if you are feeling unwell as you need full concentration when driving as it could be hazardous to others as well as yourself.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash and must be used within 6 months of purchase.
- We receive calls between 8.30am & 8.00pm Mon-Sat 6 days a week. Outside these hours we are not obliged to respond but may do so on occasions.
- First lessons (unless an assessment) are mostly about the Controls of the Car & their legal use so please do not expect to do much more than moving off an stopping on your first lesson.
- The use of school cars for test is at the discretion of your Driving Instructor. If you have not reached an adequate standard they may refuse the use of their vehicle. This is for the safety of all roads users and is a requirement of the Instructor’s license. Please make sure you check availability with your instructor prior to finalising your test booking. We do not operate for tests on Mondays before 2pm but we do on Saturdays. The rate charged for test is currently £22 per hour.
- No responsibility is taken for Tests cancelled by the DVSA. If this happens the candidate must abide by the rules of the DVSA. Usually another test will automatically be booked by them depending on the circumstances. If an error turns out to be the Candidates then they must take responsibility for it.
- If you wish your Instructor to accompany you on your Practical test and additional £10 is payable for their time and expert feedback on the test. This is extremely helpful should you be unsuccessful.
- You must attempt to pass your Theory Test within the first 20 hours of tuition as this could hinder your application for your practical test.
- You must keep an accurate written record of your lessons and bring your Appointment card to each lesson otherwise fee’s for missed lessons may be charged. New cards can be issued on request.
- Whilst on your Practical test you (not the examiner are responsible for the School Car. In the unlikely event of a road Accident you will be liable for an excess of up to £200.
- We reserve the right to change the Car at any time as the need arises. the unexpected does happen.
- We like feedback so that we can improve your experience of learning with us. We would be very grateful if you would always talk to us first if you have a problem no matter how minor it may seem. We will invite you to take a little time to fill in a short questionnaire at the end of learning with us. Any feed back via our website or social media is also welcome. Please support the School where ever you can as this helps to keeps costs and therefore lesson prices down.
- On rare occasions another Instructor or DSA official may be present on you practical test to observe you examiner, not you. This is to keep standards & assessments fair for all and will not reflect on your outcome.
- Website Copyright. General terms and conditions of use. The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Abacus Driving School or its licensed source. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions: The material may not be used for commercial purposes.The copies must retain any copyrights or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.The products and technology or processes described in this website may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by the Abacus Driving School or by other third parties (and no licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights). Images on this website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s). All information on this website is accurate at the time of launch. No responsibility is taken for any inaccuracies, updated prices or information with regard to DSA prices changing. Should you find errors we would be grateful if you would inform us so we may correct them. Any bookings or payments made through Pay Pal will only confirm the booking after we have full confirmation of receipt from Pay Pal. This could take up to 5days.
- Prices may be reviewed from time to time depending on costs. Ample notice will be give of this usually one month.
- Abacus Driving School is signed up to the DVSA code of practice for Driving Instructors.
- If a Parent or relevant person associated with the Student wishes to observe a lesson, they are quiet welcome but they must keep quiet while the vehicle is moving unless invited to comment for reasons of safety.
(On appointment Card)
Terms & Conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – Please Read (as on appointment card)
Please see below for Full Terms & Conditions
Payment of Lesson Fee confirms acceptance Of these Terms & Conditions:
Every effort is made to keep to Appointment times, but no responsibility is taken for traffic hold ups, Vehicle breakdown, sickness or weather. We reserve the right to change lesson times should special needs arise.
AN APPOINTMENT CANCELLED BY THE PUPIL without 2 working days (48Hrs) notice must be paid for in Full. 5 Days for Intensive courses and Pass Plus. I the student agree not to enter the vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol (if this happens no lesson will take place & full payment must be made.
All money for lessons will be paid at the time of or prior to your lesson to your Instructor.
Cheques must be made payable to your Driving Instructor, Not Abacus Driving School.
FEE FOR USE OF CAR FOR TEST = £24per hr.
Note: It is important that you have reached a level where you are able to pass your test. If your Instructor does not think you are at this level they have the right to refuse the use of their car.
Please note Cancellations fees are enforceable by law through the small claims court if necessary. We hope this will not be the case. Ridge Cottage, 9 Hillcrest Close, Tamworth, Staffs, B79 8PA.
If you have any complaints please put them in writing if we cannot resolve them first verbally & appropriate action will be taken to resolve the matter. Following this you may take the matter to the Driving Standards Agency. http://www.dft.gov.uk/dsa/dsa-service-standards/dsa-complaints-procedure/